SheSpeaks conducted a Walmart Shopper Study by surveyjng Walmart shoppers between April 20-23rd 2019 to better understand their shopping habits. We were interested in learning more about how Walmart shoppers were approaching:
- Online shopping vs. in-store purchases
- Online grocery pick up and delivery
Following are high-level findings and data from the study. SheSpeaks conducted a similar Walmart Shopper Study in 2017 and comparisons are shown where applicable.
- More Shoppers Both In-Store & Online: While the majority of shoppers shop in-store, more shoppers are shopping both in-store and online than in previous years. That percentage has increase 50% from 2017 to 2019!
- Increase in OGP Usage: Online Grocery Pickup usage has increased since our last survey in 2017 with 26% of respondents using the OGP service. This represents a steep increase vs. 2017 when just 5% of respondents used OGP.
- Free Shipping Matters: Free shipping continues to top the wish list for services that walmart.com offers with 64% of shoppers indicating that they want this service.
More insights can be found in the full study below.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to Missy Tiller at firstname.lastname@example.org